Resolving Court Judgments

  1. Contact the court where judgment is registered – they may allow you to pay there or give you details about the business which is attempting to collect
  2. Pay the amount due – Make copies of all receipts / payments – Ask for a “Paid in Full” receipt
  3. Take the receipt to the court and ask them to give you a release of judgment
  4. Send the letter and receipts to each of the credit bureaus asking them to remove the judgement from your credit report since it has been paid. Attach a copy of your report or account details, SSN, DOB, contact details (should be removed within 30 days)
  5. Keep a copy of EVERYTHING for yourself